Most of the theory is pretty basic and given in the video lecture. The object of the test is to plot the deadweight pressures (reference) against those reported by the gauges.
- Lab Procedure for Pressure Gauge Testing
- Chauvenet’s Criterion (video overview)
- Fluid Power Systems: An Overview and Design Example
- An Overview of Tapered Pipe Threads, and Their Application at Vulcan, which is how the gauges are held to the pressure gauge tester.
- Blessed are the Merciful: What students ask me when they’re under pressure.