The experiment for viscosity for the Fluid Mechanics Laboratory. Material to go with this video is as follows:
- Lab Procedure for Experiment
- Variation in Viscosity (instructor’s handout)
- Material on the viscometer used:
- BROOKFIELD DVE Digital Viscometer Operating Instructions Manual No. M15-356-B0916
- More Solutions to Sticky Problems. A very useful guide to the application of the viscometer, which may be very helpful in running the experiments and putting together the reports.
- Taking the Last Voyage with Newton and Pascal: The Life of Saint-Venant. His name is better known in mechanics of materials, but Saint-Venant was the first researcher (even before Stokes) to include viscosity in fluids on a theoretical basis. This will be important when we get to the wind tunnel test.