Our main fluid mechanics laboratory page is here. Other resources relating to this laboratory is here:
- Procedure for Fluid Flow in Pipes, Losses, Flow Metering and Moody Chart Experiment
- Fluid Flow in Pipes, Losses and Flow Metering (instructor’s handout.)
- Compressible Flow Through Nozzles. A look at flow with compressible fluids such as air.
- Getting the Reynolds Number Right. Messing up this calculation is an error I see too often; this should help.
- Valve Loss Study. Although this was with compressible fluids, the basic concepts are the same.
- “I Need to Find the Way”. Fluid Mechanics can be a stinker, as one Turk found out the hard way.